2009/09/15

Montana & Wyoming Field Study / 6-12 July 2007




















During my stay in Bigfork, Montana I met with local government officials. They talk to me about the issues of running a large, local area with a small population. In Helena, I also met with the Lieutenant Governor of Montana and he discuss the issues of running a state government. Try to distinguish the similarities and differences in roles between the two levels of government.

I visit Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park. I also visit the Continental Divide. The park officials at each location who give me a presentation about the National Park system and preserving the United State’s natural resources.

I learn about the role of minorities in America when I visit the Two Medicine Bison Ranch and the North American Indian Tribal Ceremony. Native Americans have a special status in the United States. I was surprised to learn about the laws that govern reservation land.

The Montana/Wyoming Field Study offers an excellent opportunity to learn about the history of the Western United States. I learn about the Lewis and Clark expedition, see Native American and pioneer artifacts, and have the ‘cowboy experience’ through horseback riding and steer roping.

The Jasons family ask me to dinner one night in Bigfork. They want to learn about me and my country. Very good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment